Sunday, March 27, 2011

Lost & Found


I've wandered for a thousand years

searching for something I can't comprehend

Somehow, somewhere I lost

a piece of me.


I don't know what it was

I don't know what it means

But I feel I'm missing something,

Something that'll complete me.


maybe it's a futile quest

maybe it's all a mirage

maybe I'm meant to be this thirsty

a cruel joke of fate, it seems.


this yearning drives all my actions

a puppet master pulling my strings

everything I do, somehow i feel

has a hidden meaning


look me on surface and all's well

life's going on it's tracks

but there are hidden currents beneath the road

currents which have will'o themselves.


I'll not fight these currents; no, never

I'll go with the flow, the way I've always done

so I continue the wanderings unabated

till the strings of this life's come undone.


it's not a quest for some earthy prize

yearning for eternal salvation nor

cause if I find the end of rainbow

then what's left there in life to live for.


it's the wanderlust that defines me, in no uncertain terms

my anchor against the ravages of reality

I've found it and embraced it

and it'll guide me to nowhere till eternity.

No comments: