Sunday, January 5, 2014

APOLOGIES OF AN ALLEGED MCP

Have I turned you off again?
I believe I have ma’am
Is my conscience shattered, tattered?
I don’t think I give a damn.

For I tried & tried & I lied & lied
don’t think I can change
I tried to be smooth, I tried to be suave
An uncouth lad I remain

Have I cheesed you off again?
How rude of me! Oh shame!
No gentlemen these days, I tell ya
You only have yourself to blame.

For you think you’re smart, you think you are strong
Hell even better than us
So we bundled up chivalry, we trussed up tenderness
And packed ‘em off in a Bus.

And now I stand, like all of us
Deferentially taking a bow
Oh how you have climbed, oh how you have peaked
How happy are you up there now?

The climb was steep, the slayings so many
And now you can’t come down
So now you wish someone was here
Someone to share the crown.

See that’s the cross you’ll have to bear
That’s the price for all the favor
So don’t mourn now your lost innocence
For now it’s lost forever.

No comments: